Become a BOPF Member
If you are living in Bristol and aged over 55 you can become a BOPF Member.
If you are living in Bristol and aged under 55 we can add you to our BOPF Supporter mailing list.
To become either a member or a supporter please complete our online membership form. Alternatively you can downloadable our printable version of the form (pdf file) and post it to our freepost address which is on the form.
Come and get involved!
- Have a voice and make a difference to local services!
- Receive The BOPF & BCC Newsletter. It is full of useful Covid-19 information.
- Attend our Open Forum meetings and listen to interesting and informative speakers, as well as a lively debate and discussion. You will also get the opportunity to participate in consultations & surveys. Our meetings are aimed at the over 55s, but everyone, of all ages, is welcome to attend. We are an inclusive organisation.
- Attend other BOPF Events, including our Challenging Ageism Workshops.
- Get involved in one of our BOPF Projects.
- Be part of our Voice & Influence Partnership. The delivery partners are The Care Forum, The Ammerdown Centre, Bristol Older People’s Forum, Centre for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People, OTR Freedom and WECIL. The advisory partners are SARI and VOSCUR. The partnership is funded by Bristol City Council.
Feedback from our members
“BOPF has given me the belief I can make a difference”
“I keep the newsletter and share with my friends and neighbours”
“Speakers are informative and interesting; it’s great to be able to ask them direct questions”
“Great to meet like-minded people not prepared to just fade away”
“Older people need help to take part in the community”
“Bringing people together and allowing people to feel a part of something if you wish to do so – not so alone and your information is much appreciated”
“Together you feel able to do things and achieve something; alone you are the lone voice in a wilderness of professionals”